|Authored by: myNym on Wednesday, December 26 2012 @ 11:17 AM EST|
|Might I suggest that everyone, gun owner or not, teach your |
children gun safety.
The following is just a suggestion, but covers the basics:
1) Never point a gun at something you are not willing to
2) Always assume a gun is loaded. If someone checks to see
that a gun is unloaded, and then hands it to you, check it
again. (See Rule 1.)
3) Always be sure of your target. (NEVER shoot into the
4) Always be sure of what is behind your target. (Rifle
bullets can travel for miles.)
5) Never shoot at open water with a rifle. At low angles,
bullets can skip. (See rule 4.)
6) Never place your finger inside the trigger guard unless
you are sure of your target, sure of what is behind your
target, and have aligned the gun's sights on your target.
7) Use the gun safety, but never rely on the gun safety.
Better still, depending on the kind of gun, do some or all
of: decock the gun, unchamber the round, completely unload
the gun. (See rules 1, 2 and 6.)
[ Reply to This | Parent | # ]